The new Fire Stick and Fire TV remotes provide some basic TV commands. The power on/off, volume up/down, and mute buttons on your remote control are synced with the IR profile of your TV. They do not have any control over the Fire Stick, it should be stated. Instead of operating your TV, they sync with it.
These TV buttons often pair with your TV on their own. However, this is not always the case because it may also require manual labor. If any of these TV buttons, including the volume on/off button, are not functioning, you can sync your Fire stick remote control to them by following these steps:
- Selecting Fire stick Settings from the home screen is the first thing you must do.
- Click Equipment Control after that.
- The next step is to choose the Manage Equipment option that is displayed on the screen.
- Click TV in this window after that.
- The option to Change TV must be chosen in the fifth stage.
- When prompted, select Change TV in the following step.
- Thank you for your patience.
- Please select YES if the Fire Stick successfully detects the TV. If it didn’t, kindly click NO in its place.
- You will be prompted to select your TV’s brand if you select NO. Choose one and set up the TV controls according to the directions displayed on the screen.
You should have no trouble connecting the Fire Stick remote to the TV’s volume controls or any other buttons. You are urged to contact the Amazon representative if you are having trouble. On Amazon.com’s official website, you can find the contact information. Additionally, it could be a good idea to check out the forums or communities dedicated to the Fire Stick or Amazon in general. You can meet people who share your interests or problems in these groups or forums. Finding one shouldn’t be difficult because the majority of them are simple to locate. Never be afraid to seek for assistance.
You might also be interested in learning how to pair a Fire Stick remote in addition to how to sync it with the TV volume or any other buttons. There are a few various ways to accomplish that, each of which is distinct. Make sure the remote’s batteries are in there before you do anything else.
Method 1: Pairing the remote during Fire Stick setup:
When you first set it up after taking it out of the box or after resetting it, the Fire Stick remote needs to be linked. To be able to move through the setup procedure, pairing is crucial. All you need to do to pair this remote during setup is hit the Play or Pause button on the remote, and everything will be done in a flash.
Method 2: Pairing a new or replacement remote:
A new or replacement remote is required if the original is broken or is no longer functional. You will need to pair the new one with the existing device before utilising it. Here are the measures to take in order to accomplish that:
- Your Fire Stick must first be unplugged from the power source.
- Place batteries in your new remote after it is unplugged.
- The next step is to turn on your Fire TV Stick. Please wait a moment for the home screen to load before proceeding.
- After rebooting, it’s conceivable that the new remote may couple itself automatically. Please try utilising the remote to see if that is the case.
- Simply keep holding down the Home button on your Fire Stick remote if it hasn’t already automatically paired. Do that for 10 to 20 seconds, please.
- You might receive a notification that the remote has been successfully linked after doing this. It is preferable for you to utilize the remote to test the notification’s functionality if it is not visible.
Method 3: Pairing an additional or second Fire Stick remote:
It appears that multiple remote controls can be used with an Amazon Fire Stick by anyone. It is incredibly helpful for people who have a subpar one but choose not to discard it for a variety of reasons. You could want a remote right now that performs better than the one you now have. Here is a guide you can use if you bought a second or additional one but don’t know how to couple it:
- You should start by going to the Fire Stick’s home screen.
- Select the Settings option from the navigation bar once you are on the home screen.
- On the following page, choose and click Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Simply select Amazon Fire TV Remotes in the next box.
- Select the Add New Remote option that appears on the screen after that.
- Your Fire TV Stick will start looking for the new remote after you do this.
- All you need to do in this situation is maintain pressure on the Home button on your new or additional remote. Please take at least 10 seconds to do it.
- It is now time for you to hit the SELECT button, which is the center button, on the old remote to confirm the pairing of the new one after the device has successfully found the new or additional remote.
- When everything is finished, make sure to verify that the new one has been paired as well. Try using it to see whether you can utilize it.